Tax compliant SMMEs with an annual turnover of no more than R50 million can receive cash flow relief by delaying payment of a portion of their PAYE liabilities.
Tax compliant SMMEs with an annual turnover of no more than R50 million can delay payment of a portion of their PAYE liabilities for a limited period of four months – from 1 April 2020 to 31 July 2020.
- SMMEs can defer payment of 20% of their employees’ tax (PAYE) liabilities due and payable without penalties and interest.
- The 20% deferral will be payable to SARS in equal instalments over a six month period, commencing on 1 August 2020 i.e. the first instalment must be paid by 7 September 2020.
- There is no relief for the March payment due on 7 April 2020
- Interest and penalties will apply if the employer understates the PAYE liability for any of the four months
1 April 2020 to 31 July 2020
- Note: Eligibility criteria for individuals carrying on a business have yet to be finalised
- Tax compliant SMMEs
- SMMEs with an annual turnover of no more than R50 million
WHERE CAN I FIND SUPPORT?
SARS Contact Centre on 0800 00 7277.
(North regions, including Pretoria, North West, Limpopo, Mpumalanga & West Rand)
(Central regions including East Rand, Soweto, Alberton & Vereeniging)
You may also use online channels such as eFiling, the SARS MobiApp and e@syFile